Thursday, May 22, 2008

Top Ten Albums

While I listen to a wide variety of music when it comes to single tracks, my love for alternative rock shows when the discussion revolves around whole albums. These albums are all so incredibly solid all the way through; I had a really tough time deciding on the order. If you enjoy alternative and don’t own these albums, I recommend you buy them all!

1. New Found Glory – Coming Home
2. Jimmy Eat World – Chase This Light
3. Evans Blue – The Pursuit Begins When This Portrayal of Life Ends
4. Saosin – Saosin
5. Evanescence – Fallen
6. The Killers – Sam’s Town
7. The All-American Rejects – Move Along
8. Evans Blue – The Melody and the Energetic Nature of Volume
9. Sum 41 – Chuck
10. Linkin Park – Meteora

Honorable Mention
Incubus – Morning View
Pinback – Summer in Abaddon
Brand New – Deja Entendu
Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory
Teddybears – Soft Machine

4 comments:

Annie Hall said...

would you believe that the one album I have on that list in Hybrid Theory?

Marcie said...

That's some awesome music right thurr right thurr. Haha Alternative is awesome. Way to be!

the ginabean said...

saosin, teddybears, and pinback...? i've never heard of these groups? i like the rest of 'em though!

Sarah said...

Thanks for this list. I always like what is playing at your place and have been meaning to ask for a list of favorites. Also wondering, how did you link that calendar of events to your blog. I want to put one on the library blog, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out alone. Next time we talk in person, will you help me figure it out?