Thursday, November 6, 2008

Laughing Gas

I experienced laughing gas for the first time today. I made an unexpected visit to the dentist to have one of my molars crowned (apparently an old filling stopped working and my tooth chipped Tuesday night). Anyway, the dental assistant slipped the apparatus over my nose and the gas started flowing. I didn't notice anything for a few minutes, but then the dentist recommended that I breath through my nose. All it took was a few deep breaths and it was happy time!! I remember a bit of Q&A going through my head:

Q: Why am I laughing for no apparent reason?
A: I don't care!
Q: What do people say about how laughing gas makes you feel?
A: I don't care!
Q: How many brain cells am I killing off right now?
A: I don't care!

Despite the fact that my tooth was drilled on for a solid 30 minutes, I don't think I've had a more enjoyable visit to the dentist. :)

6 comments:

Kate said...

I am SOO jealous! I have always wanted laughing gas. I can't even imagine what it would be like if they gave me laughing gas during one of my laughing attacks! That would be CrAzY!!

Marci said...

That is so funny.... ah no pun intended. I always used to get laughing gas at the dentist. It makes you feel so weird. It is definitely better than feeling the pain though :) Keep laughing even if it wears off!

the ginabean said...

Laughing gas is the ONLY thing that can make a trip to the dentist, premeditated or not, "enjoyable."

Cassie said...

Too funny. I found your blog on another friends links and wondered what you've been up to. Feel free to check out Aaron and I's if you'd like to. ps: In case you don't know yet -we are expecting a baby boy in about 2 and 1/2 months.

the ginabean said...

pretty sure it's time for a new post. :)

also, i hope your holidays were dynamite.

this is all.

Eddie Storms said...

It feels very funky! Once the laughing gas kicks in, you won't really get to pay attention to any discomfort you would normally feel during those dental procedures. It's a very useful tool for sedation.

-Eddie Storms